GeekHive is a developer-directed technology shop for interactive agencies and creative teams. Our clients and partners concentrate on vision, design, and strategy, while we focus on intelligently engineering and executing those ideas. Together, we craft the sites, software, and apps that propel the web.
The Hive is buzzing with projects, so we’re looking to grow our team of smart, resourceful software developers.
Reporting to Developement, you will be responsible for creating high performance, reliable, secure, and maintainable code for client projects. You will work as a member of cross-departmental team that includes Project Management, Design, Quality Assurance and Marketing.
The ideal candidate is an aspiring web developer with a keen awareness of emerging trends and technologies, a passion for quality code, and a creative mind. Exposure to, or experience with, web application development is preferred.
- strong skills in object-oriented design and programming
- fundamental knowledge of web application architecture
- ability to build for cross-browser, cross-platform, and cross-device compatibility
- responsive design experience
- experience with any of the following
- HTML5, XHTML
- CSS3 and CSS preprocessors such as SASS or LESS
- Client-side frameworks such as AngularJS, Backbone.js, Ember.js, or Knockout.js
- ASP.NET and C#
- database design and ORM technologies like Entity Framework
- database-driven applications with Microsoft SQL
- Sitecore, Drupal, or other content management systems
- test-driven development (TDD)
Our Kind of Geek
- Roll-up-your-sleeves team player
- Eager to solve challenges & meet objectives
- Able to conceptualize & clearly articulate ideas
- Hungry to learn & share what you know
What You'll Gain
- Experience with the latest technologies
- Exposure to top tier clients & real-world experience
- Mentorship & guidance from industry experts
- Honed skills in software development lifecycle
The Gritty Details
- Co-Ops are on-site in Warwick, NY for a minimum of 18 weeks.
- Housing, relocation assistance, and work sponsorships are not provided.
- GeekHive is an equal opportunity employer.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.